Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oil changes and air filters

When Joey and I became BIG and bought are car together we anticipated our first oil change, and as we saw the mileage add up and it came round to that time we watched as we didn't ever change out oil.. (don't tell my dad!!) Finally it got to the point where I couldn't take it any longer and I called Joey while he was at work and asked him what I needed to do, where I should go and what I should get! Once I had all the critical information I got online to check out the business hours and of course to see if there were any coupons, who doesn't want to save a buck?! I found a coupon but every time I tried to print it out it wouldn't let me!! LAME! Oh well, moving on I headed down to the local Jiffy Lube and got in line, they took my car from me, I got to go inside and get a free soda and enjoy a People Magazine while they assessed the damage of my oil and took care of all my needs.
Now my only problem is that my being a girl and going to do this by myself, I sometimes feel like they try and take advantage of me. After they did there checks they called me back to go over my "options" and one such option was charging me about 30 bucks to have them change my air filter for me. I hemmed and hawed and eventually told them no, but the young man kept insisting how much better gas mileage I would get and yada, yada, yada.. I know he is right but who is to say they are actually showing me MY air filter, maybe they just have some really dirty,yucky air filter hanging around and they show it to people and trick them into spending to much money on having your air filter changed.. Maybe not.. but that's what I think about when I got into places like these. So I told them no and walked out of there with an oil change and a delicious dinner with my hubby :)
But that still meant that we had to check our air filter and see if it really was as yucky as they said. Once we realized our filter was pretty disgusting we drove to our Auto Zone, not napa auto parts because Joey doesn't like there song haha and bought a new air filter then went out into the parking lot and Joey taught me where the air filters go and how to put them in, but not until after I got some pictures!!

The new air filter, I didn't realize it was on the Spanish side till after I took the picture, OH WELL!

the old and the new side by side, YUCK!

check out that butterfly!!

Joey putting the filter in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment