Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reading the Book of Mormon

So as I am sure many of you know who are LDS and I'm sure many who are not, there has been a page going around on Facebook challenging people to read the Book of Mormon. Not just to read it though, but to read it by December 31, 2011!! So I decided to accept this challenge, but since it is not just me in my little family I have Joey reading with me. I am very excited for us to read this together, seeing as we have both read the Book of Mormon before on our own but now we have the wonderful opportunity to read it together. Of course we will be able to read this many times together, by ourselves and with our growing family as we progress on our adventure. Since we have a deadline to finish by, I got online and googled a reading plan, so in order to finish by December 31 we have to read two chapters a day, or 4.5 pages a day and the wonderful plan has it all written out for us on what we need to read each day, then we get to mark it off so we can stay on track. We have only been going for two days but so far I love having this time to bond with my husband and grow together spiritually. 2 days down, many more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment