Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rise and Shout Bri and Joey went out!!

I am very blessed to have such a wonderful brother, who is very thoughtful and understands how much I really do enjoy football.. and seeing as I have a birthday right around the corner about a week ago he came over to my place to hang out.. or so I thought.. He was in the door for maybe two seconds before he whipped two byu vs utah tickets out of his pocket!!He totally surprised me!! (and it was a really good surprise) AHHH!! Excited much?? Oh, you know, just completely!! It was all I could do to contain myself through the week to make it to game day..

The big day finally was upon us, Joey was really excited to since it had been so long since he had been to a BYU game, plus I told him when we got there that we could get him a new BYU hat, sometimes I just gotta bribe him with a little something.. We flew down to Provo.. not literally, just drove really fast.. but we got to the game just in time to grab a couple cougar dogs and find our awesome seats! Granted we were on the visitors side, right by the tunnel where the UTES came out, which was pretty awesome to see them all coming out, but it also meant we were surrounded by UTE fans!! They were all sooooo nice though and really fun to be around.

Scarfing down hot dogs, we were ready for kick-off.. and let me tell you.. it didn't start well!!! It was a really sloppy game the whole way through on BYU's part but they made the first half really fun and entertaining to watch. It was a close game all through out the first half and we got to see plenty of action down on our end.. as well as a TON of turnovers :( Once we came back for the second half you could tell, as Joey would say, BYU just didn't make the adjustments they needed to make and UTAH most definitely did. Exploiting all of BYU's weaknesses and running the ball like crazy. Before we knew it the game went from 10-14 to 10-30.. then 10-40.. then when it his 10-47 late in he fourth quarter we decided we'd had enough fun and adventure over at lavell edwards stadium and headed back to our car. Even though BYU lost (or got massacred.. whatever) it was still a blast to be there and to enjoy watching a team that I love show me a little bit of hope that maybe someday we'll get back to where we once were..

Here's to hoping BYU..

Our Tickets! THANKS JOSH!!

Utes coming out of their tunnel.. look at that guy muggin my camera..

Ready for kick-off!!

a little game time action :)

outside the stadium :)

a little Jake Heaps love.. to bad he fumbled..

we found out Brigham Young is a UTE fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment