Sunday, October 2, 2011

lets play the catch up game!

Well it's been a while and a lot has happened!! Unfortunately I have been awful at taking pictures lately so this one is going to be a little scarce! (I'm going to start doing better i promise!)  But while i work on that, lets play the catch up game!! Ready?? here we go!!

First of all i had a birthday, hooorrraayyy! one year older and wiser too?? well I'm not sure about the wiser part but i definitely am starting to feel older! 22 was a great year, full of meeting my best friend, falling in love and even a wedding.. so 23 can only get better, right? i cannot wait to see what surprises are in store for this year.. Joey got me a wonderful birthday present.. dun dun dun.. a brand new cricut expression 2!! i was shocked! especially since a few weeks before my birthday i tried to buy one and found out they were sold out which meant they were gone forever.. or so i thought! surprise Joey found one a few days before my birthday and got it shipped just in time! i absolutely love it and cant wait to use it and make so many adorable things :) i also got some wonderful new books from Courtney and Nate and of course the byu tickets from josh! it was a great birthday and i look forward to my next one!

speaking of my best friend.. joey was able to play a show with one of his really good mission companions. they along with two other people played a four song set at a benefit concert in orem. they opened up for kalai! kinda awesome, ya?? well let me tell you.. yes it was! they sounded great and i had a blast seeing joey play again.. that hasn't happened since we were in high school! and hey they helped raise a little money, so it was all for a good cause.


conference was also this weekend and i was able to keep up with the little tradition that my mommy and i have where we go and sit in the tabernacle for the first Saturday session of conference. i love being able to spend that time with my mom and listen to the words of our prophet and apostles, it is always such an uplifting experience and a wonderful date with my mommy!

i got to spend more time with my mom that evening for a little girls night out when joey went to priesthood session with some of his friends. i was able to meet my mommy at Texas Roadhouse and we ate some delicious food while we watched the Utah Utes get smashed by Washington (it was fun to watch!) after eating our yummy food we headed over to hobby lobby which I've never really been to and oh my gosh!! what have i been missing out on all this time?? i was able to get some really cute Halloween decorations which were much needed, our decorations are a little on the sparse side! that store literally had everything though and i fell in love! i am going to have a hard time staying away now, especially since they have such great coupons too!!

all in all it has been a wonderful past couple of weeks and with the beginning October here i cant wait for the holiday season to be upon us and for all the wonderful memories joey and i are going to create this season! stay tuned friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment