Sunday, March 31, 2013

Craving & Kicking

cravings are funny, sometimes i don't even realize that i am craving something until i have to have it. if i don't have it, well i'm pretty sure the world would come to an end.. 
My cravings seem to have been going through stages, in the beginning of my pregnancy i wanted potatoes, all day every day. anyway i could get them too: mashed, baked, turned into fries. (kahuku grills are my FAVE!) For a while i would wake up, eat breakfast and then prepare a potato to bake in the oven. it would be ready about 45 minutes later and i would magically be hungry again. along with my potato cravings i soon developed a pasta hunger. i think i ate spaghetti for lunch for about two and a half weeks straight. can you say carb overload? once i moved out of my first trimester though the spaghetti craving dwindled along with the potatoes. Yet i still will not turn down a good helping of them any chance i get. I know my body craves things for certain reasons, i have not looked into it to much as to what is good about the cravings i have been having though.
 Lately my cravings for fruit and veggies have kicked in. ANYONE can tell you i have always been a fruit fiend but the veggies have struck me for odd.. like avocados?? really? i never liked avocados, in fact i despised them. i even hated when my mom would make guacamole and not ranch dip. now i cant get enough of them. i scarf them down at work, by themselves sometimes! i have been downing watermelon like it is nobodies business and eating tangerines by the handful. throw in some occasional corn for the heck of it and you would have my snack schedule for the day. 
i am not saying that i am the best eater by far, but it is interesting to track what i do eat. the funny things that if i can not get my hands on i'm pretty sure i'll end up in tears. (those darn pesky pregnancy hormones at work again, we already know how i feel about them.) luckily my pension for sweets has not been to horrible, but cake for lunch isn't bad right? just kidding.. maybe..

kicking on the other hand, lets just say i felt like sigourney weaver in the movie alien the first time my little sea monster moved around. i was positive that next i was going to have a little baby hand or foot protruding from my belly. it is and indescribable feeling. something that is truly amazing but a tad bit unnerving at the same time. i got to experience these first little flutters of movement by myself for a few days. Joey got his turn though, one night as we were relaxing on the couch together little man started moving all over, joey put his hand on my belly and right on cue the baby kicked out pretty hard. The look on Joey's face was not of amazement like i thought i would see, it was more of fear maybe a little unsure about how to react to what just happened. we both started laughing and now joey really enjoys feeling him move all over inside my belly. 
and let me tell you, he is a moving machine! Usually i only feel him in the early hours of the morning or the late hours of night. He does however get excited in the shower and any time i'm in the ocean he goes crazy. just recently i have noticed the little nugget getting more active through out the day. He was up and kicking at 6:30 am yesterday and we felt him all morning till we went on our hike. Once we were done hiking and took a little rest he was right back to wiggling and kicking all evening long. 
i am grateful for this little reminder that he is doing well in there and joey and i are getting prepared for one active little guy! We just can not wait to meet him :)

love,
the williams

No comments:

Post a Comment