Thursday, May 16, 2013

Snickerdoodle Bread!

Yes, you read that correctly, Snickerdoodle bread! Be amazed, I was. This recipe combines two great loves of mine, snickerdoodles and bread, how could it be anything less than amazing? Also I am not sure if it is all of these pregnancy hormones (or the fact that I finally have nice baking dishes) but I have been baking up a storm lately. I've always loved baking, but these days I can not make it through the day without a thought crossing my mind that goes something like, "Mmm, I should bake that!" 

I had been secretly storing some bananas to make banana bread but the hubsters decided to eat one! I was shocked, since when does he eat the speckled bananas.. he must have been hungry. Then I happened upon this little gem of a recipe thanks to pinterest, since I was sans one nanner I gleefully opted for this bread instead :) 

Oh hello there delicious :)

Want to make your own? Sure you do!

Ingredients:

*2 1/2 cups flour
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1 cup butter (softened)
* 2 cups sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 3/4 cup sour cream
* 1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips (optional)
* 3 tbs. sugar
* 3tsp. cinnamon

Instructions:

1) Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
2) Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
3) In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder. Combine with wet ingredients and mix well
4) Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter
5) Spoon batter into 2 loaf pans, about 2/3 full.
6) Mix 3 tbs. sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan

Out here in Hawaii my local store didn't have any cinnamon chips so I left them out this time, but it was still delicious! You can also make this in mini loaf pans, which most people seem to do, just cut your baking time in half. It will make four mini loafs. 

love,
the williams

No comments:

Post a Comment