Monday, April 22, 2013

The Woes Of Back Pain..

"Back pain is so much fun!" said no one ever...
I do not think I should even be complaining, mine really isn't that bad. I am just not used to it, therefore I tend to act like a baby when it hurts. (no judging!) Joey likes to remind me that I am carrying around about an extra eight pounds now, so of course things are going to start to feel different. I like to glare at him during times like these.. No need to be logical when I'm in pain! Sleeping seems to be the worst. Maybe I need to talk Joey into buying a new mattress.. hmm.. But really, I can only sleep on my sides now and that makes my arms fall asleep, weird right? I never knew that could even happen, but it does! 

Then I was having a moment where I thought I was invincible the other night and stayed up way to late playing games with Joey and the guys. Wobbling into bed already half asleep at 11:40, closing my eyes only to be plagued by crazy pregnancy dreams. I tossed and turned all night as I dreamed of Joey trying to cut the baby out of my belly <----strange! I woke up the next morning not only in pain from my tossing and turning but also exhausted with a sore throat and an upset tummy. See if i ever stay up past my bedtime again! I was only awake for about two hours before I was passed out in bed again for another three hours.. ya I didn't wake up till 1:30pm.. oopsies! 

Little nugget was having a hay day in my belly, and my back was so sore I just couldn't bear to lay down any longer. That's when I had my light bulb moment, I need a heating pad! However it was Sunday so I had to improvise and make my own. I grabbed some extra fabric I had laying round and sewed some edges together through some rice into it and closed it up. It is not the prettiest thing you have ever seen but it serves its purpose in life well, and it feels oh so good pressed against my back, neck, or shoulders. It is my new best friend, you could even call it love..


I know your all jealous. Don't worry, I'll send you one for Christmas this year :)

Love,
the Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment