Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hunter's Birth Story

Where to begin? How about the fact that we made it to week 40, Joey was home and my dad just arrived from salt lake city! This sea monster had perfect timing, to say the least. 
I woke up at midnight Tuesday morning with some contractions, I just thought it was some more braxton hicks. Nothing to serious or painful, mostly just annoying, and I settled in for another restless night of sleep. Little did i know just how restless is truly would be! At one o'clock my water broke- nobody really prepared me for what that was going to be like. I felt a pop, literally it popped. I laid there for a minute not really sure what had just happened, nothing else came so i stayed in bed. Logical thing to do, right? A few minutes later I started to feel the trickle- almost as if I had started to pee myself. My next logical thought was to get up so I could clean myself off and try and get more sleep. I made it almost all the way from my bedroom to the bathroom door before I had a tiny gush of liquid. That was when i knew something wasn't quite the same. After cleaning myself up and changing my clothes Joey woke up and asked what was going on, and of course me in all my glory said, "I think my water just broke- but don't freak out it's ok." I called the doctor and the he said it was go time so we woke up my parents and everyone got ready to head out the door for our hour long drive to the hospital. Joey drove really fast though, I think we cut some minutes off our personal best!



I was then admitted into labor and delivery and after that it was just time to sit around and wait for the show to begin. Since we arrived at 4 a.m. we were all pretty tired and everyone started to nap. I was having contractions but nothing terrible and they weren't progressing my labor at all. By 10:30 they decided to start me on pitocin and that got me moving forward a little bit but I was still breezing through all the "pain". When they came in to see how i was doing around noon and I was able to say I still wasn't in that much pain my nurse told me she would fix that and upped my pitocin dosage, how nice of her! This was also the time they asked me if I wanted an epidural, I was still undecided but the pain was manageable so i opted for some IV pain meds instead and could possibly get an epidural if needed at 3 p.m. After this the next hour and a half flew by, my labor kicked into full gear and I was feeling ready to push. The pain was something i could get through but it was rough! Lots of breathing and squeezing Joey's poor little hand was going on. When they finally checked me I was dilated to a 9 and what the nurse called rimming. My doctor was no where to be found (he was a couple of towns away) and they were telling me not to push and to wait for my doctor. By 2 o'clock I couldn't wait any longer. they checked me again and I was fully dilated- THANK GOODNESS!!

They called the stand by doctor into the room and I was able to start pushing around 2:05p.m. Oh boy, once i was able to push through those contractions did I sure feel good again! My doctor finally arrived and after about 30 minutes of pushing Hunter Forrest Williams was born at 2:32 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20th. He was 7lbs. 3oz. and 20 inches long.  He only let out three little wails and then happily sat on my stomach while Joey cut the umbilical cord. He was beautiful, and he was all mine. After nine months of carrying him around I was able to meet this handsome little man and I could not be more blessed to be his mother. I love him so much already and can not wait to watch him grow up and see the wonderful person he is going to become. I love Joey for helping me through this whole process and for blessing me with such a perfect little boy. We are now a family of three and the real adventures are going to begin!








love, the williams

No comments:

Post a Comment